Friday 7 June 2013

Conversation with a Cricket Ball


Yes, You read that right. This post is what a cricket ball would probably ‘say’ (if it could talk) in a Newspaper Interview:

(ShreeG represents Interviewer from Newspaper; CB represents Cricket Ball)

ShreeG: "Good Morning, We are conducting this interview for our National Daily Newspaper ‘ShreeG Times’ and are now talking to Mr. Ball"

CB: "Excuse ME... I am not a ball. I am THE chosen one!"

ShreeG (confused): "You are not a ball??"

CB: "Of course not: I am a member of God’s Kingdom! I was chosen to represent the warriors in this battle to save the people of your world. Thousands of your people come only to watch me & to receive my message."

ShreeG: "Well… Yes, everyone comes to watch you, but its not war."

CB: "Not War? Don’t your men put up a fight for simply holding me in their hand? It is about war & peace."


(ShreeG looks more confused)

CB: "The winner, my Brave heart Man always sent me across as a messenger of peace; but the jealous one always hit me & sent me far away."

ShreeG: "WHAT!! You think you are hit because the batsman is angry with the bowler."

CB: "Oh, You call my man the bowler & the other man is the batsman."

CB continued: "Sometimes, the batsman would insult me & ask me to touch his leg & beg for acceptance of the message of love & peace. I did this; touched his leg & then your batsman walked away without a word."

ShreeG: "you mean ‘Leg before wicket’ or lbw."
(The batsman is out when it’s lbw & has to leave the field)
"Yes, Intentionally put his leg forward; and then…"

CB: "And then one day, one very stubborn batsman came on the field, my man sent me to him again & again & he sent me very far away every time. This made my man upset and he called his friend to his rescue (ShreeG was thinking, ‘Ok, looks like the first bowler gave away many runs & then another bowler took over). My man’s friend helped by sending me very forcefully & I went & gave a peck on the batsman’s cheek; this made my man’s father very angry."

ShreeG: "Oh! It was a No ball, the batsman was hit in the face & the umpire gave a warning. This is getting very interesting, indeed. What happened then?"

CB: "My brave-hearts friend sent me to the batsman again. This time, the batsman hit me but out of compassion made sure I don’t get hurt & instead sent me to fall into the safe hands of another ally."

ShreeG: "Wow! So it was a Catch out!!! Did the batsman walk away again!"

CB: "Yes, indeed he did. But then, the Gods became very angry. And it became very dark. And the world came to an end."

ShreeG: "I see, when the sun sets, the world comes to an end according to you."

CB: "Everything truly comes to an end. The last messiah rescues me from death & places me in the safety of my mother’s arms, where I wait with my brothers & pray that someday the God’s will be happy again & will once give me an opportunity to be a messenger for HIM."

ShreeG: "Hmm, you are transferred to your box & wait till the next match (chuckle). It is sad that the message of love & peace never gets accepted."

CB: "Well, can’t say ‘never’. Sometimes  my brave-heart bowler & the batsman plan it that all the messages will be mutually accepted; this makes them both very happy."

ShreeG: "Well, we call it match fixing in our world."

CB: "I don’t know what you call it, but this transition from war to peace was the purpose of my creation."

(ShreeG Interviewer is completely nonplussed)

ShreeG: "I don’t understand!! Match-fixing is the purpose of your creation."

CB: "Well, everyone living happily is most certainly the purpose of my creation."

CB explained: "You see, when I was created, God whispered in my ear


“Go & bind the minds of thousands, so they will attain one pointed focus, so they will come together in thy name beyond all human-made boundaries (I think you call these boundaries country & religion), so they will know that everything that has a beginning will end one day, so they will learn from watching you how easy it is to be a messenger of love & peace! A messenger who despite all anger & rejection remains consistent beyond time, towards achieving the purpose of his creation”

CB: GOT IT!!!"

(ShreeG was awe-struck on hearing this;
Agreed that every single game has a beginning & comes to an end(one way or the other); 
It is true that a simple game of cricket has the capacity to bind the minds of thousands of people beyond religious & geographic boundaries; 
but who would have ever imagined that a simple ball that only gets used in the game of cricket for entertainment, would think & say that this was the beautiful purpose behind its creation & existence.)


ShreeG: "I sure got it, I am sure our readers will be very happy to receive your life-transforming message. Thank you for the most enlightening conversation!"




Note for Readers:
There will be no posts on ShreeG for next two thursdays.
A break only because I want some 'My time' for myself; Will be back with reinforced prana(life force energy) soon.
Luckshmi Mirgh

9 comments:

  1. what imagination. loved the message at the end of the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siddhant. This is the first post under the 'Fiction' category.
      Hopefully will write many more in the future!!

      Delete
  2. Really itz gud.......n I liked it too.......itz smthng v shuld all tlk abt.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vaishakh.
      Your comment is very precious, especially so because it comes from a 'hard core' cricket fan ;)

      Delete
  3. Prashant Purohit7 June 2013 at 11:08

    Thanks. .nice fixing. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prashantji…
      All 'pre-fixed' by the Master-Plan.
      and we think we have the capacity to change the course of this game called life :)

      Delete
  4. Superbbb stufffff!!! :) :) u will be misseddd for 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Vishal.
      With this post, ShreeG completes 6 months.
      This break is only an opportunity to tighten the bow string & to pull the arrow backwards;
      will back with a bang! ;)

      Delete